Restoring Services (Phase One) – Update May 25
Lilac Resort is implementing the following COVID-19 Health Guidelines. As the news regarding COVID-19 changes every day, these guidelines will be subject to immediate change or removal as advised by Manitoba’s public health officer.
The following guidelines apply to all Guests (seasonal & overnight guests) and Visitors.
Lilac Resort Guidelines:
The Resort Office:
- Do not enter if you show symptoms of fever, cough and have difficulty with breathing
- Do not enter if you have just returned from out of province and must self-isolate.
- The west office door is for entry only and the east office door (facing the washroom building) is for exit only.
- Follow all signage and floor markings in the store.
- Maintain a distance of at least two meters and use the hand sanitizer provided at the door.
- Management will accept cash as a form of payment.
- The propane fill station is open, maintain a distance of at least two meters from our staff member and wash your hands or use hand sanitizer after handling your propane tank.
Campsites, Rental Units, Public Buildings & Common Areas:
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer regularly. Hand sanitizer is available at public buildings for public and staff use.
- Practice social and physical distancing by maintaining a distance of at least two meters, except for brief exchanges.
- Inviting visitors and the congregation of people at a campsite during Phase One is actively discouraged.
- Washrooms are frequently sanitized, and the resort has a sanitation protocol for common areas.
- Toilet paper and hand soap will be supplied in public restrooms and the resort’s rental units.
- Wear water shoes or sandals while using public shower facilities.
- The congregation of people is actively discouraged. No more than 10 people may gather at a seasonal or overnight campsite, rental unit or in the resort’s common areas.
- The playground is open; try to have your children maintain a distance of at least two meters, except for brief exchanges. The play structures will be closed temporarily every morning for disinfecting.
- Before entering the Resort: If a guest, visitor or any member of their family should show symptoms of fever, cough and have difficulty with breathing, they should seek medical care and not enter the resort.
- Staying at the Resort: If a guest, a visitor or any member of their family should show symptoms of fever, cough and have difficulty with breathing, while at the resort they should leave to seek medical care and not return to the resort for two weeks.
- Primary Resident Guests: If a guest or any member of their family should show symptoms of fever, cough and have difficulty with breathing, and if the RV is their primary residence and the guest is not required to be hospitalized, the guest must inform the resort management of their health condition by phone, text or email and avoid all contact with other guests, staff, and management.
The Manitoba government has issued notice to private campgrounds that the RCMP, RM Police forces and Public Health inspectors will be performing checks to ensure that protocols and regulations are being followed and enforced.
Penalties for violations for individuals or corporations under the legislation range from fines of up to $50,000 or $500,000 and/or six months or up to a year imprisonment. Tickets can also be issued for violations under any of the orders.
Tickets can also be issued for violations under any of the orders to both campers and campground owners in the amount of:
- $486 for individual
- $2,542 for corporations
Resort Management, Security Guards and other Resort Staff will monitor compliance and will enforce the Lilac Resort Guidelines. Violators will be evicted or banned from the resort for an indefinite period.